(1) Unless the context requires some other meaning:
"Acceptable Use Policy" means such standards of behaviour in discussion and user group forums as the Provider may announce from time to time;
"Data" means the personal date provided by a Registered User upon registration and his use of the Services;
"Notification" means the particulars that the Provider has notified to the Information Commissioner for the time being;
"Privacy Statement" means the statement about how the Provider collects information through this site and what it does with such information;
"Provider" means Personal health budgets learning network, NHS England, Skipton House, 80 London Road, London SE1 6LH ("PHBLN") part of NHS England, or any other health service body or charity to which PHBLN may pass data for the Purposes;
"Purposes" means the purposes for which Data are collected held and processed set out in paragraph 3 (2) of the Privacy Statement for the time being;
"Registered User" means a person who registers for a Service
"Services" means the services that the Provider offers to Registered Users from time to time including the PHBLN bi-monthly newsletter, events organized by PHBLN and user and discussion group forums;
"Website Access Terms" means the licence to enter this website for the time being.
(2) The masculine where the context requires includes the feminine and neuter and vice versa and the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
(3) The headings to these conditions are intended to make these conditions easier to follow and do not form part of the conditions nor affect their interpretation.
(4) These conditions are to be read and construed with the Acceptable Use Policy, Privacy Statement and Website Access Terms.
(1) A person who wishes to use the Services must register as a Registered User.
(2) Deregistration from one Service shall disqualify a Registered User from using the others.
(1) The Registered User acknowledges that by registering and using the Services the Provider is likely to acquire a substantial volume of personal information about the Registered User.
(2) The Registered User consents to the collection, storage and processing of any Data that relates to him provided that:
(a) The Provider holds and processes such Data only for the Purposes and in accordance with the Notification; and
(b) complies fully with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any related legislation..
(3) The Provider acknowledges that Data relating to the Registered User is confidential and will use it only for the Purposes and not disclose it to any other person without the consent of the Registered User or an order of a court in England and Wales.
4. Registered User's Obligations
The Registered User promises that he will:
(1) comply with the Acceptable Use Policy;
(2) notify the Provider of any change in the particulars he gave upon registration as a Registered User; and
(1) The Registered User may cease to be a Registered User at any time upon request by:
(a) clicking "unsubscribe" on a newsletter or any other email from the Provider; or
(b) telephoning +44 (0) 20 7972 3045; or
(c) clicking on the "Your Details" button on this website; and selecting ' Delete my account '.
(2) The Provider can remove a Registered User at any time if:
(a) he dies;
(b) his electronic mailbox ceases to accept emails;
(c) he contravenes the Acceptable Use Policy; or
(d) he uses any information on the website or gained from his use of the Services in an inappropriate way including for commercial gain; or
(e) he acts in any way that harms the operation of this website or the reputation of PHBLN the Provider.
(3) The Provider can remove a Registered User upon 28 days notice which may for these purposes consist of an email if such removal affects some but not all Registered Users or an announcement upon its website if it affects all Registered Users.
6. Effect of De-Registration
The Data of a person who ceases to be a Registered User shall be used only for the purpose set out in paragraph 2 (d) of the Privacy Statement.
Should any of these conditions be declared by a court to be void, voidable or unenforceable on grounds of illegality or as contrary to statute, public policy or otherwise in any part of the United Kingdom or elsewhere, such provision shall be deemed never to have formed part of these conditions but all other provisions shall remain in force.
8. Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999
These conditions are not intended to create any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 which is enforceable by any person who is not a party to a Contract and the rights of any third party under that Act are hereby expressly excluded.
9. Choice of Law
These Terms and any Contract incorporating them shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The Registered User submits irrevocably to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.