Personal health budgets
This website provides information and news about the Department of Health's personal health budgets policy being rolled out nationally in the NHS; and is home to a learning network for NHS and social care professionals involved in personal health budgets. Our vision for personal health budgets is to enable people with long term conditions and disabilities to have greater choice, flexibility and control over the health care and support they receive.
Latest Personal health budgets news
- National survey shows good early results from personal health budgets
The results of the second national personal budget survey, covering over 3,000 people, have been published by Think Local, Act Personal. This year's survey included over 300 personal health budget holders and carers.
- All about personal health budgets - a new easy-read guide
A new easy read guide to personal health budgets is now available from the NHS Choices website.
- Co-production good practice guide
A central element of personal health budgets is a different relationship between those who receive support and those from whom they receive it. This idea has been written and talked about over the past 40 years - a concept called co-production.
- Ensuring equal access good practice guide
Personal health budgets have the potential to help the NHS become much more tailored to individual needs, with the creation of highly individualised support arrangements that reflect each person's background, preferences and specific needs.
- National personal budget survey
The results of the second national personal budget survey, covering over 3,000 people, have been published by the Think Local, Act Personal partnership.
- Co-production - changing the relationship between people and practitioners
A central element of personal health budgets is a different relationship between those who receive support and those from whom they receive it.
- Personal health budgets guide: Ensuring equal access
Under the Equality Act 2010, the NHS has legal duties to eliminate discrimination and advance equality of opportunity for specific groups with protected characteristics.
- Personal health budgets guide: Integrating personal budgets - early learning, myths and misconceptions
These two guides focus on the integration of personal budgets across health and social care.